Fashion Plate

If you like Texas Jot, please take a look at my other blog, Fashion Plate. It is the home of my handmade retro Barbie clothes and lots of delicious recipes from my cookbooks.
www.yourfashionplate.blogspot.com

Monday, April 9, 2012

Apache Frac-tures My Holiday Weekend

Silly me.  I was thinking a nice long weekend at the ranch would be a peaceful and restful escape.  Of course, Apache thought it would be a golden opportunity to frac a well adjacent to the barn.  So, instead of PARTNER and I alone on the prairie, we shared this time with 40 frac tanks, two frac sand conveyors, two chemical vehicles (wouldn't I like to know what was in them?), a crane, various trucks and travel trailers. The noise was unbelievable!  To add to the madness, they would periodically set off sirens.  Ooops, I forget to mention that this is a 24-hour-a-day process. I couldn't wait to get home!

No comments:

Post a Comment