Fashion Plate

If you like Texas Jot, please take a look at my other blog, Fashion Plate. It is the home of my handmade retro Barbie clothes and lots of delicious recipes from my cookbooks.
www.yourfashionplate.blogspot.com

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Water Saving Winner

I have been trying the "no rinse" before putting the dishes into the dishwasher.  It has been going okay until I did a dishwasher "rinse" and then left town.  Three days later it was ripe!  So, if you are leaving town...run the dishwasher even if it isn't full. 
Also, I find I've been using more paper towels to wipe excess food off plates, etc.  Aren't we supposed to be saving trees?  If I use dish towels, then I have to wash them and waste water. Hmmm...
Then there is the hot water situation.  If you use an "on demand" tankless system, you need to run the water until it heats up.  If you have a system that has instant hot water, you are wasting electricity. In other words, no matter what you do to conserve on one front, you will be wasting resources on another.
In that light, you can appreciate the man who came up with this idea. You can chill you beer and do the cold water washing afterwards.




No comments:

Post a Comment