Fashion Plate

If you like Texas Jot, please take a look at my other blog, Fashion Plate. It is the home of my handmade retro Barbie clothes and lots of delicious recipes from my cookbooks.
www.yourfashionplate.blogspot.com

Friday, January 25, 2013

Fun at the Harbaugh's House

I came from a family of four girls and one brother.  Even though he had many of us to inflict damage upon, I came away from childhood with some tangible memories of the terror he could cause.  I was shot in the stomach with a BB gun, lived in fear of the phrase," I'm going to tell Mom." and still sport a facial scar from a collision during a chase.
So, what was it like for baby sister, Joani, growing up amid all that Harbaugh competitive testosterone? While the world touts her brothers for their ascent to the Super Bowl, I think she probably deserves more credit just for surviving childhood. I guess it must have not been too bad, as she married a basketball coach.

Mr. and Mrs. Harbaugh (Jackie and Jack) look like rational folks.  I'm not sure what parenting techniques they used, but it is a nice reflection on their family relationship, today. I guess the family that plays together, stays together.

My daughters timidly swung the Socker Boppers at each other, but never did get into hand-to-hand combat.  Were they part of the Harbaugh toy chest, too?

We totally missed the Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots, but I can imagine the game would have provided another source for two boys to let off steam.
I think next Sunday will be an extremely difficult and emotional day for Jackie and Jack. Whatever the result, they can certainly be proud of their entire family.

No comments:

Post a Comment