Fashion Plate

If you like Texas Jot, please take a look at my other blog, Fashion Plate. It is the home of my handmade retro Barbie clothes and lots of delicious recipes from my cookbooks.
www.yourfashionplate.blogspot.com

Monday, January 28, 2013

Pin-ups Know What to Wear on Valentines' Day

On Valentine's Day, you may have a hot date or plan a dinner for two at home, but the question is the same.  What do I wear?  Do you go for the traditional red or pink?  Maybe you're thinking about the always appropriate little black dress and looking like you're not trying too hard.
These gals had the right idea. Forget being subtle.
Marilyn Monroe
Cyd Charisse
Anne Gywnne
Marilyn Monroe
I'm thinking this little get-up will capture PARTNER's eye...it has that perfect Diamond B Ranch vibe. I'm just not sure they'll let me into the Petroleum Club wearing this and carrying a cap gun. Anyway, I think I have a greater chance in that outfit than wearing something from the modern era Tactical Girls calendar. Give me the 1940's pin-up look any day...cute and sexy.



No comments:

Post a Comment