Fashion Plate

If you like Texas Jot, please take a look at my other blog, Fashion Plate. It is the home of my handmade retro Barbie clothes and lots of delicious recipes from my cookbooks.
www.yourfashionplate.blogspot.com

Thursday, January 31, 2013

The Portion Diet

Are you just as sick as I am of those diet and exercise commercials that bombard one in January?  We all know (at least MOST of us know) that these diets seldom work .  The only real way any of us is going to lose weight AND keep it off is to stop eating so much.

Yikes!  That is a big difference between the served portion and the proper portion.  Just think of the money you will save.  Two can eat as cheaply as one.
If you don't have a lovely serving poster to carry around with you for each restaurant's fare, try using these common items to keep your portion size in check.

I will admit that in the last week, I have baked, chocolate cake, M&M cookies and banana bread...but I just had a small serving of each.  If you follow my recipe blog (www.yourfashionplate.blogspot.com) you can find recipes for lots of tasty treats that will make your reduced portion life a little more bearable. Stop wasting calories on sodas (and all that sodium) and let dessert be your treat for a meal well-portioned.
Just couldn't resist this bit of portion control fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment